In order to be considered for the Mercia Learning Alliance Secondary course you would need:
- Relevant (at least 50% related to the course applied for*) degree at 2:2 or above
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths (or international equivalent)
- Skills test in literacy and numeracy
- Some school experience is recommended but not required
* For Secondary courses your degree should have the majority of its content in the subject you wish to teach. If your degree does not relate directly to the subject you wish to teach, or if you need some time to brush up on your subject knowledge you may need to undertake a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course before you can begin your School Direct Programme.
Original certificates will need to be provided before commencing the course.
You will need two references which describe your skills and qualities, as well as any relevant experience working with young people. One of these references should be an academic reference where possible.
You will also be required to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check before starting your training which verifies your suitability to work with young people.