School to School Support
King Ecgbert School, and the strategic partners of the Mercia Learning Alliance, have a great deal of experience in delivering effective school to school support.
In the past this has ranged from full scale support to take a school from a position of weakness onward to a journey towards outstanding; or more time limited and specific one off consultancy days around a single issue.
We have at our disposal a team of system leaders across our primary and secondary schools; including experienced Headteachers, some who hold National Leader of Education status or are Ofsted inspectors. We also have a team of Specialist Leaders in Education with expertise across all subjects and a team of non-teachers with expertise in other aspects of school leadership.
We can perform reviews in your school concluding with advice and an offer of ongoing support, or visits to our schools to allow you to see for yourself what many of our outstanding schools are doing.
Some of the themes we have given support on before include:
- Quality of teaching and learning (whole school strategy or individual subjects)
- Curriculum design – intent, implementation and impact
- Timetable construction
- Closing the gap (disadvantaged learners)
- Closing the gap (EAL learners)
- Whole school literacy and vocabulary
- Cognitive Load Theory, knowledge retention and recall
- Rosenshine principles of instruction
- Whole school behaviour management and inclusion
- Finance and budget management
- Local school and Trust governance
- IT systems
- Estate management
- Leadership development, talent management and succession planning
- Forming a Multi Academy Trust along the principle of aligned autonomy
- Running a successful teaching school
Schools we have supported have seen impact including moving out of Ofsted category and seeing significant increases in Progress 8 scores. We operate on a bespoke consultancy model co-constructing a programme to meet your need. To have an exploratory discussion please contact us here.